Professional .NET software developer resume
Senior .NET Software Developer
Microsoft certified .NET software developer with a passion for software development especially with agile practices such as Test Driven Development, with an in depth knowledge of OOP, Domain Driven Design, GoF Design Patterns.
Core Programming Languages:
MS SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008), ORACLE (10, 11), MySql, MS Access
.NET Framework (1.1-4.0), ASP.NET, MVC, ADO.NET, AJAX, WCF, Silverlight, Crystal Reports, MS SQL Reporting, WPF, IIS 7.5, NUnit, LINQ, Web services, SSIS, DirectX, OpenGL, OpenAL, DirectSound
Extreme Programming, Test Driven Development, Agile
- MCPD (Microsoft Certified Professional Developer) – web developer
- MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist) – web developer
|Marketwire||February 2011 – July 2013|
Senior .NET software developer in Global press release Distribution Management System. The Global Distribution System is a multi-server, multi-process, and highly parallel system that forms that backbone of Marketwire’s business by constructing and delivering press releases to Marketwire’s entire distribution network simultaneously with millisecond precision. Backend development based on SOA (service oriented architecture) using WCF services. Agile development process was used with two weeks iterations and managed in Rally.
- Implemented press release distribution to Fax, Facebook, Twitter, various text/xml file formats, such as: NITF, NewML, XML…
- Was responsible for media distribution (JPG files and modification of IPTC metadata),
- Developed component to distribute Fax press release using 3rd part web services EasyLink,
- Worked with Facebook Graph API, Facebook C# SDK to distribute press releases in Facebook client’s fan pages
- Was responsible to creating a new automatic build system using MSBuild and TFS
- Implemented distribution to FTPS protocol (FTP with SSL certificate)
- Migrating old applications to new SOA platform, reverse engineering for old applications
- Developed a number of prototypes for distribution system
- Troubleshooting network issues related to WCF services using Wireshark
Key Technologies: .NET 3.5 – 4.0, WCF, WPF, MS SQL 2008, C#, XML, HTML, SQL, Web Services, IIS 7.5, TFS, Rally, Agile, MSBuild, Wireshark
|TD Bank Financial Group||August 2010 – February 2011|
As a senior .NET web developer I was working on new version of Mortgage application for TD Bank. There were 5+ web applications written in ASP.NET. I was responsible for both frontend and backend solutions. My main responsibilities were:
- Worked on mission-critical parts including ETL process using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Upgraded web UI for application to standard corporate TD styles
- Developed new tool to provide mortgage rate offers and history to users
- Upgraded application to .NET 4.0 framework from .net 1.1-3.5
- Integrated data exchange with credit link system
- Translated business requirements into machine code (C#, SQL)
|UBS||Feb 2008 – May 2010|
I was employed as a senior ASP.NET web developer in IT Security department. Lead a team of two developers to plan, execute and maintain a risk management system used within UBS’ business process. I was responsible for mission-critical parts of applications, including: application architecture, integration with external system, performance and security. The list of my responsibilities below:
- Performed code review, worked close to team member to ensure consistence to code standards.
- Optimized application performance by 40%.
- Developed reports using Crystal Reports and MS SQL reporting.
- Worked close to business people to review requirements
- Implemented application business logic in C# with MVP design pattern to increase unit tests support.
- Integrated application with 6+ external systems using a combination of web services and APIs. In addition the application featured a full text search engine (using Oracle Full-Text search) and scheduling abilities using Windows Services
- Implemented TeamCity for build management and continuous integration, which reduce number of bugs and reduce the time provide build to the customer.
|Siemens||Jan 2006 – August 2007|
As Senior Software engineer my role was to build, deploy, run and support SAP CRM Mobile Client application. I was involved in full system lifecycle of new version of CRM system for Siemens. My main responsibilities included:
- Application design, development and installation in Siemens’ and their clients mobile infrastructure
- Integration with the mySAP architecture and implementation of business processes on their SAP CRM
- Application design and development using several related and supporting processes including full integration with their billing systems
Key Technologies: MSSQL Server, VB.NET, .NET 1.1 / 2.0, Windows forms, SOAP based XML Webservices and mySAP implementations, XI
|IDEX||Sept 2004 – April 2005|
As a Software Developer in gaming industry I was involved in developing 2D computer game using DirectX and OpenGL platforms. I was responsible for:
- Developed modules supporting game development including a graphics engine based on DirectX; implementation of a game scripting language; development of a garbage collection system; development of a sound system based on the OpenAL library
- Performance enhancements by profiling bottlenecks and implementing algorithm improvements and designing new algorithms from scratch
- Various graphic manipulation and image processing tools
Key Technologies: C++, DirectX, OpenGL, OpenAL, DirectSound, Win32 API, MFC
In addition to my employment I have also gained substantial experience in the following projects:
- Various short-term contracts focusing mostly on .NET & SQL Server development
- Authoring the original Atomic CMS – an open source .NET based CMS, and the subsequent maintenance of this project. The project which started as a personal application and was later released to the open source community.
Voronezh State Technical University – Voronezh, Russia
Master Degree in Computer Science, 2005
5.5 year curriculum focusing on application development, networks, algorithms, software architecture design, multimedia, technical planning and problem solving using case studies
- English – fluent verbal and written skills (IELTS certified)
- German – intermediate verbal and written skills
- Russian – native language
- 2009 – Design Patterns
- 2009 – Code Refactoring Methodologies
- 2009 – Anti-patterns: A study of low-quality code
- 2009 – Agile engineering: Development through testing
References are available upon request